A considerable amount of
forethought goes into each plan relating to how the house will live to its
full potential on modest inner city lots. Generous built-ins, trim woodwork,
closet organizers and plug-free backsplashes are just a few amenities that
help create a balance of quality, detail and value. At Bastian Builders, we
make the most of every feature. From exterior crown molding to discreet
storage beneath the staircase, every Bastian home is bursting with
Bastian assures better quality control, faster response times and lower
costs for homeowners.
These promises are validated by our accumulation of
in-house resources that allow us to build homes using our own supplies and
equipment. With Bastian, you won't have to wonder if workers will show up on
any given day, or if external suppliers know exactly what you want, because
we have control of it all. Bastian's use of its own resources also allows
for greater customization at a better value. You may also choose from an
ample selection of paint, tile, fixtures, accents and hardware.
Bastian Builders designs for maximized living space while maintaining
structural integrity of the home.
An engineering approach to building
enables us to actually solve construction hitches rather than just work
around them. For example, in one case when we did not have space for a
walk-in closet, we built a chest of drawers into the wall to add efficiency
to the small area. In another of our floor plans, we design and build a
China cabinet inset into the dining room wall. This allows us to create two
closets on the opposite side of the wall, including a niche in between for
your favorite curio table or piece of art. Bastian considers every single
space of our homes an area that can and will serve a purpose.
Bastian Builders is constantly exploring emerging technology and trends in building energy-efficient homes.
For each project, we determine which structural elements and designs will best produce a sustainable home in its setting. Bastian applies proven performance items for comfort, value and environmental improvement. Some of these items are listed below.
1. Hardwoods and tile are used throughout to eliminate dirt and dust trapped in carpet.
2. Raised floors (pier and beam) allow greater air circulation.
3. Fresh air intakes on HVAC system.
4. Tankless, on-demand water heaters save energy by heating water only when needed.
5. High-efficiency windows supply superior performance and look good while doing it.
6. Bastian Builders is the only builder in Houston that owns a waste grinder to minimize the volume of waste during construction. This reduces the number of waste trucks on the property and allows us to recycle some of the waste into useable product.
7. We use recycled flooring products that look better than new and that would have otherwise been sitting in a landfill.
8. Some structural framing members used in Bastian homes like the engineered floor trusses are manufactured in a near-zero waste environment.
9. Bastian will soon only use low to no volatile organic compound paints.
10. We plant more and larger trees than required, building around trees that offer mature canopy cover.